Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Corner View: Alone Time

My children are grown, so I don't have the noise level and busy-ness of younger mothers.   However, I have a husband who likes having the TV on all the time.  Since I like to sit in the living room also, he uses the headphones that are laying on the little table.  He has the couch and I have the recliner.  I read books while he  watches TV, and when he's not around and I am not overwhelmed with stuff to do, I watch movies.  I bought the two shown below after seeing them with my grandkids.  I love them and they still make me laugh.  I also get movies from Netflix---mostly ones I like and he doesn't because he's not that big of a movie fan.
I do also read when alone---usually longer than if the TV screen is dancing around in my peripheral vision. 











For more corner views check out Francesca's.

6 comments:

  1. Ah - The Book Thief - fabulous book and well done movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to have a stack of books next to me. That means I will have lots of good reading time in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and hubby have a good plan.. Thank Goodness for earphones this day and time.... He can watch his shows and you can read...Great compromise.

    George and I watch the same things on TV--and we DVR everything we watch --so that we can see the shows and scroll through the commercials. We have a routine which is working. We watch one show from 6-7 pm each night and another one between 9-10 pm... We love many of the TV dramas (mostly CBS, NBC, TNT, or USA)... Those are special times for us --while cuddling on the sofa...

    I say whatever works, do it.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty much the same story here. My husband watches tv, and I read. I have somehow learned to totally shut out the tv. My spot is the couch and his is the recliner. All very cozy - as is your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have despicable 1 at home, it wasn't as bad as i'd feared, is n° 2 just as good? and i notice mary oliver, which makes me smile hugely. and bravo that you can read when somewhere in the room the tele-visions are jumping 'round. your husband must be proud of you!! beth, i love an hour extra in the mornings too. more so, i do need these, to awake slooooooooooooowly... n♥

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.