Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Indoor spring arrangements and COVID-19

I recently changed my indoor winter arrangements to spring ones.  I took pictures of the winter ones on my phone but not on my camera, so they are not easily shared.  However, I did take pictures of the spring ones with both my phone and my camera, so I was able to download them off my camera onto my computers. I also put away most of the angels I had out (I've been given at least one every Christmas since 1973, but I no longer put my whole collection out.).
In place of the Christmas/winter angels, I put out my collection of Victorian houses and buildings of my town of Ohio.



The collection is on my mother-in-law's dry sink in the dining room.
The glimpse of the Precious Moments is of my mother's collection that 
were mostly given by my children or me.  It will go to my daughter who
wants it.

Also in the dining room.

A wedding picture of my parents and a favorite picture of my son's children.  They
are now 21, 17, 15, and 13.

We have a local artist that designs and makes the crocks.  He's also the local 
high school's art teacher.  The picture is of my 2 children and me 15 years ago
at my father's 80th birthday celebration.
The angel is from my husband and is a favorite.

On my parents' armoire in our living room. Abigail was maybe 4 at the time.
She is now 11.

This is in an old white metal pot on a stool in my kitchen.

A corner of my dining room.  The mug was bought in one of my much earlier travels.

Living room.  The picture frame has moving pictures of my son's 
wedding that change regularly.

A table of my parents that moved everywhere with them.


As we cope with the COVID-19 situation there are two things that I haven't had to deal with in a long time: grey hair and growing out fake nails. I missed my 5 week hair appointment and may be forced by the state to miss my May 4th one.  I usually get my nails filled in every 3 weeks. It's been 5 weeks and will probably be at least 9 weeks before I can get them taken care of and that's if they reopen in May.
However, in the overall scheme of things these are very minor inconveniences.  Plus no one but my husband is seeing me closer than 6 ft. And that's if someone drops something off on the porch or we get off the trail at the park to let someone pass.  So it's no big deal.

Hope you are all doing well.

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so nice!
    I'm with you on the gray hair and nails. My roots are ok so far, but the cut is growing out and looks terrible. And my shellac nails have peeled off. Like you said, it's not a big deal, but I look a mess! And I'm still working and people have to look at me - but we're all in the same boat there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beth. It's good to see a blog post from you and to know you are well. These are strange times. Life has slowed down so much these last few weeks. Our stay at home existance means we can reflect on the aspects of our lives that are precious to us. Being surrounded by photos of loved ones and homey ornaments and furniture that mean so much to us is a comfort. Your model buildings of your town are lovely. The pottery made by an art teacher at your former school special. I hope your local community and neighbours are doing well and are safe. Your grandchildren have grown up since the days when you blogged more regularly. I hope life gets back to normal and we can gather with our families again. I hope you can keep in touch with them by phone. We have learnt to face time on our phones which is something we never thought we would need to do, but now it's the new normal. Keep in touch Beth. Praying for good health for you. Every blessing. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thinking of the things we 'miss'..... I haven't done my nails since I quit working fulltime --and let my hair turn gray when I turned 75... OF course, even before then, I always colored my own hair. SO---those two things are not a problem for me. What I miss are our little trips --even those to Gatlinburg and the Smokies this time of year... April is a perfect time to go there... Dang!!!!

    Happy Easter....With Jesus, there's HOPE ---and hope is what we all need, not just during the hard times but during the good times also!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.