Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

For Mother's Day my daughter and her family sent me this arrangement through FTD flowers.  I set it on the bar level table in our kitchen.  It has since been planted in a ceramic pot outside on the back porch. Miss Kitty had to get in the picture.

 
My son and his family bought me this and brought it over to me. He, his wife, and her daughter came over with their lab.  His kids were at their mom's. We sat out in lawn chairs six feet apart and talked for over an hour. Such a nice time!
I bought some pansies for my back porch.  Later on when it gets hot and stays hot, I'll have to plant something else because they will wilt and die.


 Just a few of the flowers I got to plant in my pots. I had to put them in the garage because it got down to freezing three nights in a row.  I have since planted most of them, but not taken photos.

This is the entrance to our back porch.  I have not weeded or planted annuals  here yet. I also need to transplant the lavender bush you can barely see in the back middle of the photo.  The crock was my husband's parents and have traveled with us from house to house. The white door behind it leads to a nice-sized room we use as a pantry.  There is a freezer in it.  Mike installed a heater so things don't freeze in the winter though we have to be careful what we store there as far as perishables in the summer because of the heat. We store our extra toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex,, water, ice tea, etc that we get from the big box store Sam's.  It's been a real blessing for us.

We are still hanging in their. Our Ohio governor has lifted a lot of restrictions.  One of the things that means is I get to get my hair done on Monday. Wonderful news.  We will wear masks. I'll have to hold mine in front of my face because of the color treatment, shampoo, etc.
Next Sunday Ohio churches start back with seating and mask restrictions. It will be fantastic to be there once again!
I met a friend in our local middle school parking lot overlooking a pond on Friday.  We sat in chairs six feet apart, had lunch from Dairy Queen's drive-through, and visited for an hour or so.  Rain finally ran us out.  I meant to take my camera but forgot.
My friend then went to the Dollar Store and was dismayed at the fact that only she and one other person wore masks.  I won't go to the Dollar Store because of that and also that it is always crowded  (I can see the many cars from the road.)  Irresponsible in my opinion.
Hope you are all well.

4 comments:

  1. All your flowers are pretty! Wonderful to see your son and family.
    We in Michigan are under restrictions and people are getting pretty sick of it. In the Detroit area they still have issues, but much of the rest of the state is doing well.
    Myself and many of the nurses and Doctors I know are not in favor of masks. I wear one all day at work, and will wear them in stores because they are mandated right now, but if I didn't have to, I wouldn't wear them either. Far too often they aren't worn right. Most of the ones that are worn don't really give the right protection, and the warm moist environment they create right where you are breathing is more likely to breed germs.
    Now the crowding part I think is more of a concern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just made a mask as it seems many people are wearing them although it's not obligatory here in England. I was dismayed when we were not given masks when we went to the medical centre on Friday. The streets are narrow in this built up area where I would not normally go and it was a challenging situation. I will not go out except for a walk and maybe the occasional drive and then a walk for a change of scene. Some restrictions have been lifted here, but I'm grateful that we don't have to go out. Our daughter or neighbour does our food shop. It must have been good to see family. Your pots of plants are lovely. The pansies are great value as ours have been flowering right through the Autumn, Winter and Spring and now they're at their best. They're in the shade under an apple tree. Take care, stay safe, enjoy your gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, Is this your latest post? Maybe I missed some!!!! I blog only on Mondays now --and just haven't found enough time to visit others' blogs.... I thought we'd have MORE time once we retired.... HA HA ---seem to stay WAY too busy these days!!!!

    We just got back from our Anniversary Trip to the Pisgah Inn near Asheville, NC. First trip we have taken since the Pandemic began. Felt SO good to be out in those mountains...

    Please take care...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.