Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Corner View: Warmth


For warmth, we have several throws and quilts on hand in the living room.  The first one shown was given to me by my son and his kids at Christmas.  It is luxurious and so warm!  When I have to sleep in this recliner because of arthritic/fibromyalgia issues, I burrow under this 'throw' and fall asleep nestled in warmth.
Beside the recliner is a big basket of more warmth.  There is a fluffy throw, a quilt, and a crocheted afghan (made by my mother).  The grandchildren grab these to wrap up in.
The last pic shows the throw I keep on the couch for Mike.  If he lies down on the couch, he pulls that over him.  The quilt shown in the last pic on the top of the couch is to protect it from the cats that love to lie there.  There is a blanket covering the sitting part of the couch also because of the animals.






For more on warmth, head on over to Francesca's.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure the afghan made by your mother is a precious treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas blanket seems so warm, soft , and cozy. My little chihuahua cuddles with me and keeps me warm, even though he's small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good present! but I do hope you don't need to sleep in the recliner too often ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a variety ... and it looks so cosy and warm in your room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is your health more challenging in the cold?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is your health more challenging in the cold?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may have been missing my last several and the next several blog posts.. Anyhow we had 5 storms here between Feb. 16-26... ONE of them was horrible. It was a terrible Ice storm with 50 mph winds. Our entire area was devastated. We were without power for 50 hours --but many are still without power over a week later... Trees down---damage everywhere. Very sad.

    ANYHOW --that 50 hours made us realize how much we appreciated warmth we had (gas-log fireplace and lots and lots of blankets/quilts and clothes).... We made it ---but certainly do appreciate having that electricity!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's impossible to be cold in your home... Ans your warmth is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha! yes! throws, quilts, blankets. they bring comfort in times of need. you can not ever have enough of 'em... n♥

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.