Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Odds and Ends--cheesecake, a visit, and a birthday party

The Jr. Women's Club that I'm in does a fundraiser every Wed. night at the Elks.  It's community Bingo.  We serve the food.  I usually take dessert.  The people love cheesecake, but I had never made it from scratch before so I googled and got this simple recipe.  I put a can of cherry topping on it and it was delicious.  It was all gone too!


What You NeedPHILADELPHIA Classic Cheesecake

 

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
T

Make It

Tap or click steps to mark as complete
  • Heat oven to 325°F.
  • Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs; beat just until blended.
  • Pour into crust.
  • Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours.
  • We are doing this fundraiser through March and then we'll be done.
  • Today I'm going to the Columbus airport to pick up Sara and her children.  They are staying until Sat. when I take them back to the airport.  
  • Sara has two meetings with her dad's family's company of which she is an employee and member of the board.
  • The children are on spring break and her husband is in his busiest time of the year (taxes), so she asked if  I wanted a visit and would I babysit on Friday?  I said "Sure!"  We're excited and so are they!
  • So I will be very busy the next few days.  My son Doug is having a birthday party for his daughter Peyton Friday evening.  She turns 13, I think.  Wow! A teen! Time goes fast!




1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.