Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Monday, April 16, 2012

Barn Charm #36

My last two posts have featured the countryside out west of my small town.
This is the first time I have driven so far into this part.
I had been to the dentist and thought I deserved a treat,
which this scenic drive certainly was.

I took long distance shots from a two-lane part blacktop/part gravel road.
The first three photos are of a barn and its inhabitants way down in a valley.
The rustic glow in the lower part of the first two pics is a fence line.



Notice the cattle in the fenced-in area and
the lone sheep looking towards them.
I didn't notice the sheep from my hilltop spot, just the cows.



The next two photos are taken while looking south partly down and then back up.
It's back towards town where barns and neighborhoods coexist
throughout.

For more barn shots, click below:


17 comments:

  1. that little white barn w/ red roof is very charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did take a really neat scenic country drive. Love the photos ---and your barn photos are GREAT...

    Hope you have a great week, Beth.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing your hilly scenes. Great barns! I especially like the one with the red roof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great barn photos. Love the red roof and the cows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that white barn with that red roof...it looks huge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the view of the first one. And the white barn with the red roof is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your header photo shot. very pretty. really enjoy the red roofed white barn in your grouping there. so pretty. very close to that house. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh i really like that white barn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cattle grazing on the hill...best picture of this group :) At least in my humble estimation :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic view, Beth! I like the red roof on the last barn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful scene looking down from above.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the barn in the fourth shot but it's pretty close to the house. :)
    Blacktop/gravel words are the norm around here. It's always fun to explore. I love your header shot. That looks like an inviting place to drive. :)
    I smiled when I read your comment about the trailer next to the barn in my post. The first thing I thought when I saw it was 'the barn is bigger than the house.' I was going to say something about it but most folks wouldn't have understood. :)
    Enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are just wonderful Beth. I love these posts. The little red roof is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always surprised by the hills of your countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to get take a different road than normal and enjoy the views. I love the first shot looking down at the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That 1st one certainly is DOWN in a valley, isn't it... the road is way up high! And that 2nd barn is HUGE & awesome! Love it! Looks like beautiful country

    Thanks for joining =)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.