Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back door greeter

We had to doze
her flower bed
that first fall
I was here;
water was getting
 into
 the basement.

Major work was done
 around the outside
of the house
and
 inside the basement;
 now
it doesn't flood.

But
it's taken four years
to find
a colorful plant
that would grow
by my back door.

I used pots of various blooms
but
 wanted a plant
in the ground

This one isn't meant
to last the winter,
but
now I know
what to plant
next year
if I'm here.

If not,
then I  pass on
 the responsibility
just as she did.

Meanwhile
my greeter
takes her job
seriously.

She stands
vigilantly
next to the angel
given when mom died,
 the welcome flag
with colorful birds,
and
the antique crock
with my husband's
family name.

Together
they perform 
 quite well
saying,
"Hello!
Glad so see you!"
to everyone
who comes in
my back door. 

The others did their job
without her,
but
they have perked up
since
she arrived.

Her colors
add cheer
to all
around her
and
to everyone
who comes in
my back door.

Even if
that person
is just
me.







Now the God of hope
fill you
 with
all joy and peace
in believing
that you may abound
in hope,
through the power
of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13


For more Imperfect Verse on Thursdays click here

6 comments:

  1. You've captured the lovely color in that coleus well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful hello to all who pass by her bounty of color ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing the colour of these leaves.
    the plant is a great big flower.

    and i really like the verse too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning. i love how you personified your greeter, and linked her with the verse of love... you bless me today. thank you so much for linking up, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the unique angel - and the rich, beautiful colors of the leaves are so welcoming and cheerful!

    Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very special images,
    love the freshness in your post.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.