Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Friday, July 30, 2010

Weekend Psalm

After praying, waiting, and listening, I felt God telling me to do two regular weekly blogs:
          one to begin the week and
         one to end the week and begin the weekend. 
The one in the middle still varies.

To begin the week, I'm told to post a photo and a prayer.  I use several books--my favorite so far is one by Stormie Omartian: A Book of Prayer -- 365 Prayers for Victorious Living.

 As best as I can discern, the prayer on Monday is because Monday is when many of us begin our work week.  For me during the school year, Monday is particularly tough---a lot of students and some staff don't want to be back  Crankiness abounds.

The Lord lead me into the book of Psalms as an addition to my daily devotional book.  This summer has been a time of resting and being in the presence of the Lord.  I was battered by the end of this school year and I felt lead into spending time with God, learning, and replenishing my spirit. 

Except for my husband and for babysitting grandkids, I've not socialized much so far this summer.

I already know next year is going to be particularly challenging and I had two choices:

1) Wing it
or
 2) Spend time with God preparing for it. 

I chose #2 which shows my maturity level in the Spirit particularly in this past year.

 For many years, I chose #1 except I asked my Dad to pray for me. Oh I prayed too, some, but  Dad was my best line to God.  You can perhaps imagine how this preacher's kid floundered when 4 years ago her preacher/father/buddy/intercessor went to be with my mother and God!

Friday can be tough at school also, especially in the afternoon.  My toughest (worse) classes have been 7th and 8th periods. I literally collapse in my chair after the last student has left at the end of Friday's 8th and last class period.   This has been the case for 3 years.

 So the Psalms is a praise for getting through the week and heading into a weekend of rest/catch-up on house chores/family and friends time/preparation for the next week.

Friday also means I've gotten through another week on this side of the state with my husband on the other side.  This is something we have done for 6 years.  That ends Aug. 20th.  Praise God!

      Each week I choose one or parts of one chapter of Psalm that I have read that week. I also choose a photo for it.  It doesn't necessarily match. It's just the one or two that 'jump out at me'.

I hope this week's choice blesses you. It especially goes out to Caryjo and her family. Please lift them in prayer.

From in back of our place at
Seneca Lake

                                                                     Psalm 23

         The LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.

2. He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender]green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.

3. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.

4. Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.

5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.

6. Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.


The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.
                                          Psalm 28: 7

                   The Everyday Life Bible containing the Amplified Old and New Testaments.


Out back of our place at the lake:
a woods and a stream

Blessings to you all as you finish up the week
and
begin the weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I am viewing your photos correctly, but in one it appears that a fallen tree has created a blockage and in the other it appears a fallen tree has created a bridge ... it reminds me of how God can use the "casualties" of our lives to create a bridge to reach others or how we can choose to allow those same experiences to keep others away. Even if I'm not seeing it correctly, it's a powerful reminder to me of His grace and mercy in our trials. Thank you for your support of CaryJo and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Susan, you are viewing them correctly. It's cool that you noticed. :)
    As is often the case, I (at first) wondered why God lead me to these two photos and specifically in this order--you explained it better than I could. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying and encouraged by both the prayers and the psalms. Thank you. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and beginning and ending, which is also a new begining. praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a former teacher, I distinctly remember the "Mondays" and the "Fridays"! I like your plan for blogging and know that many will blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing our critical bit. How kind of you! I've been waiting to hear from my sister for a few days -- she's not really good at communicating, probably b/c she has so much on her plate. The court trial is set for sometime in November; I found that out by looking it up in the Fairbanks newspaper. Thanks for the overall encouragement, though. It's greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.