Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Bowl of Hyacinths--well really hydrangeas

                      I treated myself to a simple bowl of hydrangeas. [I originally called them hyacinths. I couldn't remember the name even though at the time I bought them  I specifically wanted this particular flower!  When writing this blog, I looked the flowers up online and one picture looked somewhat like mine.  The others were spiky and I knew those weren't mine.  My good blogger friend S. Etole recognized them for what they really were--hydrangeas---thank you Susan.:) ]

Anyhow:
 I was leaving that night to come back up 'home'.  I still had some clearing out to do in the kitchen in case the house goes up for sale before I visit it again.  So I went through all the cupboards and threw a lot away.  I found things dating to the last time I had lived there which was four years ago.  Obviously my husband and I have different tastes and priorities when it comes to food and the essentials in preparing it.

My goal was to have a  clutterless counter.  He was a bit nonplussed that morning because he couldn't find his bread.  It wasn't spilling out of the large oblong basket that claimed too much space, when space is at a premium.  I assured him that it was close by and he could simply turn, open  the long cupboard door, and grab his bread.

 I just wanted to make certain there was a place for everything, so he could scoop items up and tuck them away at a moment's notice.  He didn't argue, but I figured he'd retrieve the bread and perhaps even the basket, when he returned to Cinci without me. That's okay---at least he knows where to stuff them when the house is being shown.

I almost didn't cut the hydrangeas. I thought I'll be gone soon and why waste them.  Waste them?  No one regularly ventures into our back yard when we're gone.  Anyone who did would be on the way to the shed to borrow a tool and would not notice the flowers peeking out among the bush's leaves. 

This bush was blooming when I planted it, but then it didn't bloom the first summer after wintering in that spot.  The next year it produced two blooms.   The third year brought four.  Now this summer I counted approximately a dozen.  I decided to pick four of the blooms and admire their beauty as I worked in the kitchen.  They were excellent company, bringing a smile to my face each time I glanced at them.

Then before I went to pack up my clothes and other stuff, I played with the camera.  I do want another camera--I get frustrated with the limitations of this one.  That and my inexperience make a poor couple.

Here are some pictures:








  Now I go to pick flowers to distribute in 'posy' vases throughout my home here in "Smalltown USA." 
I'll leave some for the neighbors to enjoy, but will bring some in to tantalize my cats and perk up my spirits.

"Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The Lord reigneth."
I Chronicles 16:31

 "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness: come before His presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people,
ad the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise;:
be thankful unto Him, and bless His name."
Psalm 100: 1-4



6 comments:

  1. Your hyacinths are gorgeous! I love their color!

    I need to do some de-cluttering like you have done, but I have trouble removing "stuff" from its "place" in my house!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and your encouraging words! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to play, isn't it? You might enjoy a free software program called Picasa. It's available for both PC's and MAC's. Just Google Picasa and it will give you more information about it.

    Your hydrangeas are such a beautiful color. I enjoy them dried, too. Would love to be able to raise them here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can call them what you want! They are beautiful! A bowl of petals appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the close up photo. Lovely detail and color. Hydrangeas don't do too well in this hot, humid climate. So it's nice to view them from your perspective! Hope your day is blessed as you bless mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was nice of you to share them with your online neighbors too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hydrangeas rank up at the top with me, too. I love the brightness of the colors and the variety of colors even wi/in the same bush occasionally -- white/cream/lavender/pink-ish. What a God-send of His creativity.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.