Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Friday, October 15, 2010

Good Day, Today and Friday Psalm

                                                            The contrasts of Ireland.



Good day
today.

We played
Brain Quest
in
three classes.

I bribed them
with
rewards
of
suckers
and
threats
of
sending
disruptive
individuals
to study hall
with
a

(drum roll)

workbook.

Gasp!

Everyone
received
suckers.

No one
was
banished.

The highest scoring group
won
two suckers.

To Kill a Mockingbird classes
listened
discussed
questioned
laughed
and
generally
reminded
me
of
why
I
teach.

This wasn't really meant to be a poem--I'm just messing around.

I'm off to the lake with husband.


Here's some Psalms to end your week and  begin your weekend!



O LORD,  thous hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
. .
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
. .
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
. . .
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well.
. . .
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
                Psalm 139: 1, 1, 6, 7, 9, 10, 14, 23, and 24

(More of my mother's underlined verses from her red Bible.)

Blessings for a wonderful weekend!








8 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, Sounds like you had a good day.... Teaching is hard --but it has its blessings... When I taught, I just had to keep telling myself that it was worth it IF I could only change the life of one young person...

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading that Psalm a couple days ago, my heart needed it! Thanks for sharing it today. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet your students enjoyed it, too ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to you! Have a wonderful weekend at the lake.

    "To Kill a Mockingbird." FAVORITE. I want to be in your class : )

    Do they get to watch the movie at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And your day with those students was rewarding and well-spent, I'm sure - for you and them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day! Now, I hope your weekend was just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have my deepest admiration. Teaching is definitely not my strong suit, and I appreciate what a difficult, rewarding job it is. I think I would love sitting in your classroom (and I'd like a sucker too!).
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.