Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Saturday, October 30, 2010

My drive to work and the Friday Psalm

 I pulled the SUV over one day, parked, got out, and took a photo of this curve.  I'm looking back at the way I just came.  It's one of many curves I guide my vehicle around twice a day 5 days a week.
It's a 30 minute drive from B'ville to my rural high school.   In my opinion, it beats a drive of half the time on interstate.  The view changes with the seasons and even within the seasons.  I  rarely am too weary to enjoy this countryside that I'm blessed to be a part of it.  It's country and to me there's nothing quite like it.

  I always wanted to live in a city, and I enjoyed my 6 years there.  But then sick parents and a first grandchild tugged on our hearts.  Husband and I decided it was time to move back.  However, his dad died of a heart attack one week after I got this job.  Fourteen months later his stroke-ridden mother left us.  That left my dad, and of course the grandchild. 

Husband decided to stay in Cinci enough years to earn his pension.  Meanwhile I lived at our lake place.   Two years later I was laid off.  I had one year off in which I lived back in Cinci.  But I spent a chunk of time that year with my dad, helping him reach all his goals on his 'bucket list.'  Then I was called back up here.  We decided against me living at the lake and instead bought this house in B'ville.(See previous post).
I moved into it 5 years ago this August and began that school year the day after Labor Day.  Dad was gone before Christmas.

 Now, as I've said before, husband is up here unofficially.  He still is working on the house in Cinci.  By Thanksgiving he will be living here regularly.   Praise God!  We are hoping for a quick sale and are willing to sell it for a very reasonable price just so we can close that chapter.

I don't miss the city.  I did some the first few years, but now the sheer volume of people and vehicles bothers me.  I prefer to experience the city in small doses.

Meanwhile I drive the countryside each day and am thankful for these beautiful rolling hills, the fields that lie within those hills and even the curvy roads.  However, I prefer to see the deer in Susie's pictures instead of  leaping in front of my car!



When I come around the curve on my way home, I look up and over to my right and see this log cabin nestled at the foot of this hill.  I don't know who lives there, but I hope they realize how beautiful
that spot is.

 These were right beside where I parked the car for my impromptu photo session.


This farm is high on a hill on the other side of a golf course that someone placed between  farmland, some of it Amish.  Talk about incongruity!  There is a sign at the bottom of the steep road up to it.  Apparently 86 acres complete with buildings are for sale.  We would like some acreage, but not 86, and it's too far away from B'ville in one direction and the town where my son and family live in the other direction.   I like the country, but I don't see myself as a farmer's wife.  Yet, when I was making my life's plans I didn't envision being where I am now.  So I've learned not to try to boss God.  Yeesh---you would think that was a no-brainer!


Well, another week is done and I'm sitting here in the wee hours of Saturday morning.  So I'm overdue with my end of the week and beginning of the weekend Psalms.

Here goes:

The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.

The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

                                      Psalm 145: 14, 15, 17 - 21

                                 Blessings to you all this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. that IS a beautiful drive!
    and it's fun to see it ,so thanks for
    taking the time to post the photos and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to appreciate your posts above many others. Today is no exception. I needed a refresher - in the beauty of the area you live in. I had hoped to settle somewhere near there - in the hills and vales of southeastern Indiana. You've reminded me of the pace, the beauty and the calling I ran from 10 years ago. I want to come home. Each time you post, my heart is tugged to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live in that log cabin! I love these windows into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would go miles out of my way to drive a country road and avoid the interstate! Your drive is stunning! I'm with you - I'll take the country any day!
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a drive to refresh you in the beauty of God's creation ... and, yes, better the deer stay off the roads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful psalm. Thanks for posting it here.

    And I love that scenery - reminds me of my grandpa's old farm in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.