Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sleepover and shopping with granddaughter and Psalms Friday

I took this when I was babysitting three of the four grandkids overnight at their house several weeks ago.  My son and daughter-in-law had left on a five day trip and I was doing my part.  Irish lass was a bit upset at being parted from mommy, so big sis had to sleep with her.  They have matching twin beds, but can still fit in one together.


 Tonight she is asleep in my bed as I write this.  Her little sis is staying with Grandma Georgie.  Little brother is having a sleepover with his twin 'cousins'.  Big brother is at his dad's and stepmom's. 

No, their parents aren't off on a trip. In fact, they were taking the three little boys to the Chinese Buffet and bowling.  It was just a weekend when they found themselves with one child instead of four and decided to treat that 'middle' child who sometimes gets lost in the shuffle of dance, gymnastics, cheerleading, football practice, and so on of the older kids.   The Irish lass is the 'baby' and gets the extra attention of that special spot in a family tree.  I know: I was one and my brothers often noted how spoiled I was. 

I picked Peyton up at 6 pm and we went out to dinner(her choice of course--it had to be some place with a salad bar). Then we settled here all comfy with popcorn and The Blind Side (she had seen it already, but wanted to see it again).

Tomorrow we head out for a shopping trip to Justice's -- a shopping haven for young girls.  I also hope to find jeans that fit me at Penney's.


Meanwhile, here are some more excerpts from Psalms.  Another work week is over and a great weekend has already begun.:-)



BLESS  the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities, who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and render mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. . .

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. . .

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.

                                   Psalms 103: 1 - 5, 8, 11, 12, and 22.

                                                      Blessings to you all this weekend.

6 comments:

  1. That picture is just darling. Such sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those little girls just precious??? Love that pink bed... How cute!!!!

    Families these days with 5 children are rare--although I've heard of more and more larger families... Thank Goodness that people don't have 12 or more children like they used to.... Can you imagine sending that many to college?????

    Glad you can help out your son and daughter-in-law on occasion. I'm sure they need some time to themselves. AND--taking one of the middle sons out has to be very special also... I had 3 sons --and the middle one was sometimes left out --accidentally of course.

    Have a great weekend. Love your Psalms
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great post! Hope the shopping trip was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a peace-filled post - especially the Scripture and the beautiful little girls asleep - no cares - in that pretty room! Psalm 103 is filled with so much "good stuff."

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet photos of your lovely granddaughters. Love the pink and green room and the quilt, too. Hope the shopping trip is successful for both you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoy them so much and they can have that planted in their hearts forever.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.