Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Aquarium with grandkids in Texas


I have been in Dallas, Texas for 6 days.  I flew  out Thursday evening and left Tuesday morning giving me 4 full days.
On Monday I took the  kids to an aquarium that is in a near-by mall.  Since the tickets were good for all day, we went back later in the afternoon giving us two great experiences.

 There were bubbles that the kids could crawl up into so that it looked like they were in the water with the fishes.  They were not keen on doing this the first time, but eagerly did it the second time.

They loved the jelly fish.  It is the 2nd exhibit and pulls you into the body of the aquarium.


 We saw these on the 2nd visit.  Notice the hermit crab crawling away from the camera.


 There was an interactive board where you could press for any of 7 types of shark and one manta ray.
They took turns pressing the spots.   The first time we pressed, a big white shark came zooming up to us and startled us. Both kids backed up.
Aaron was especially fascinated with this exhibit.
Abigail's favorite were the sea horses.  She would stay and stare much longer than her brother cared to do.


I always thought sea horses were rigid---don't know why I did.  I was fascinated by how they wrapped their tails around coral.


This was the tunnel in which you were surrounded by fish.  The kids loved this as did I.  I especially liked pointing out the manta rays.  There were small and large ones.
 I love this photo because it shows Abigail exhibiting the fascination of a 3-year-old.

 There was also a wonderful play area where they could take their shoes off and run around in their socks.  Abigail loved the slide whereas Aaron liked climbing to the top and smiling down at me.




Here are my two sweethearts who I very much miss!  It was a wonderful trip and I am so happy and grateful that I got to take it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth, So glad you had a wonderful trip to Texas. The grandchildren grow up SO fast.. You must enjoy them as much as you can while they are little. That was a fantastic aquarium.. WOW--I'm impressed... Glad you had such a good time.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.