Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Friday, December 24, 2010

Angels

 This is one of my top three favorite angels.
 It's set on a divider wall that has glass cabinets
set in on each side--one in the living room and one in the dining room.
There is a divider on each side of the opening
from the living room to the dining room--Craftsman style.

The tops of the dividers make for a great display area with angels facing the living room
and some facing the dining room.
This lovely lady with the manger scene
faces the living room.
The angels behind her are facing the dining room.


 I didn't get to crop this picture yet.
This angel was the first one my father bought me
with the "Love from Mother and Dad" note
the first Christmas without her.



                                                         Dad was eclectic in his angels.
                                                This was one of the last he bought me.



The little angel on the left was the angel Mother bought me
 for my first born's first Christmas.
Sara was born five days before Christmas in 1975.
The other angel  represents Mother's 'bell' stage.
I received  angel bells for several years in a row.



The middle angel came from an arrangement that my Grandpa Jarvis
gave me when I was in my teens.
The glass bowl broke, so now I just display the little girl.
The angel on the left was for my first married Christmas in our first home.
It was 1974.
(My first husband and I were married December 22, 1973, but spent Christmas on our honeymoon.)



The three in back are more of the bells.
The two in front came as a pair
and are my mischievous angels.

Two of my glass angels with one (on the far right) that has a stained glass effect.
 



These are just a few of my angels.

We are going to the late Christmas Eve service at the church
where my father was a minister
from the time I was nine until I was 17.
No doubt we will sing "Hark the Angels Sing" or "Angels We Have Hear on High"--two of many beautiful Christmas hymns.
I pray a blessed Christmas for you all.
To all of you faithful blogger friends and to the family members who read this:
Merry Christmas!


"Angels We Have Heard on High"

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o'er the plains,
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains.

Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!

Shepherds, why this jubilee?
Why your joyous strains prolong?
What the gladsome tidings be
Which inspire your heavenly song?

Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!

Come to Bethlehem and see
Christ Whose birth the angels sing;
Come, adore on bended knee,
Christ the Lord, the newborn King.

Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!

See Him in a manger laid,
Whom the choirs of angels praise;
Mary, Joseph, lend your aid,
While our hearts in love we raise.

Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!


                                                        "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"

Hark! the Herald Angels sing,
Glory to the new-born King,
Peace on earth and mercy mild,
God and sinner reconcil'd.

Chorus:
Hark! the Herald Angels sing,
Glory to the new-born King.

Joyful all ye nations rise,
Join the triumph of the skies,
With the angelic host proclaim,
Christ is born in Bethlehem.

Chorus

Christ by highest Heaven ador'd,
Christ the everlasting Lord!
Late in time behold him come,
Offspring of a Virgin's womb.

Chorus

Hail the Heaven-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Sun of righteousness!
Light and life to all he brings,
Risen with healing in his wings.

Chorus

Mild he lays his glory by,
Born that man no more may die,
Born to raise the sons of earth,
Born to give them second birth.

Chorus

4 comments:

  1. So many memories in your lovely angels...

    (I answered your question about the angel photo, on my blog. A very simple nativitiy - Emily loved to play with it when she was little.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Beth.
    Your collection is lovely. I have the same angel as your very first one - given to me by a dear friend this year. She graces the little shelf in our living room.
    Have a beautiful day filled with the richest blessings of the season. Thank you for the gift of your sweet friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one is one I have, and I just love it. How creative!!

    Just wanted to let you know that I haven't been doing much on line for the past couple of weeks and don't know when that will change... annoying physical stuff... and you should understand that more than a pile of others.

    Hope you had a most blessed Christmas...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.