Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Monday Morning Prayer





I am not down, sad, or depressed, but can have those moments
especially
during the holidays.

I know others do also,
thus the following prayer
to begin this week.


Monday Morning Prayer

Lord,
I confess to You that sometimes I feel down, sad, or depressed.
But I know You have joy, gladness, peace, and fulfillment for me right where I am.
Help me to put my hope in You and praise You in the midst of whatever I experience.
Help me to look to You for everything,
for You are my God who puts a smile on my face and joy in my heart.

Amen.

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted with in me?
Hope in God;
for I shall yet praise Him,
the help of my countenance and my God.
Psalm 42:11

from Prayers for Emotional Wholeness
by Stormie Omartian


Both photos were taken from my car on my way home from school.
The road in the first one leads up a hill to a sheep farm.
The house is late 1800's and was restored by a friend and her husband.
You have no idea at the bottom that a whole vista of astounding beauty
awaits at the top.

The last one was taken from the front parking lot of 'my' high school.
The hill is across Rt. 147 (Seneca Lake Road),  a major roadway
for 'getting around' back in those hills.
I took this photo mainly for the sky view.

Blessings to you all as you begin your week!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Lovely countryside you have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the views you share of your world ... both in image and word. Blessings on your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your photos of your countryside.

    Your prayer reminds me of the gift of joy! We celebrate the Sundays leading up to Christmas with the Advent wreath and candles at church. Yesterday we focused on and lit the joy candle. I'm glad His joy can seep -or explode - into every situation of our lives! Have a joy-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Beth.... I do pray that you will have a GOOD week... We have 6-8 inches of snow here now and it's bitter cold... Staying INSIDE today!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am thankful for the uplifting words and the photo sharing.
    a very good addition to the day.

    LOve to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the photo from your high school parking lot looks out over woods. A huge difference from the city views around our local schools!

    And I thank you for posting both the prayer and those verses : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. the holiday season always seems to get the best of me.....and i hope every year it will be different, but it never is.
    so my thoughts are with you as we get through this month......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Friend, I was feeling what you described here a few days ago--not sure how to celebrate Christmas this year. Like you, I prayed, and asked for grace and direction for the rest of the day. And He brought such joy as I stepped out to do something I really didn't feel like doing. He is faithful! Thank you for your encouragement here and on my blog. We need only to turn to Him, and He will light the way. I bless you with great joy, peace and prosperity in every moment of every day.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.