Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Decorating, To Kill a Mockingbird Projects, and the Weekly Psalm

Last weekend hubby put the lights up outside.
He put up the tree and put the lights on it. 
I then put the 'garland' and the ornaments on the tree.

I also decorated the fireplace mantle.
I have a collection of Santas and a garland through which hubby winds lights.
It makes for a bright display.

Here are a few of the Santas.



Tonight I put out all my angels and the manger scene.  I also finished putting out my snowmen collection (a small one).


I had a tough time with my mouth this week.
My nerves got a bit frayed as my two  freshmen Advanced English classes finished up their
To Kill a Mockingbird projects and presented them.
It's a three-part project: presentation, visual, and written.
There are three grades for a total of 300 points.
Much work is required from the students and me.
[Then the grading begins.]

The stress was palpable.

But it's always worth the work and stress--at least I think so.
The experience is one of educational growth
as well as a stretching exercise in responsibility and patience
for all of us.

I will show pictures and tell more about it next week.

But here's a verse I needed.
It works well for the end of the week and beginning of the weekend Psalm.

I SAID, I will take heed and guard my ways,
that I may sin not with my tongue;
I will muzzle my mouth as with a bridle . . .

And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect?
 My hope and expectation are in You.

Deliver me from all my transgressions;
 make me not the scorn and reproach of the [self-confident] fool.
Psalm 39:1, 7, 8

And He has put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many shall see and fear (revere and worship)
and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord.

Let all those that seek and require such as love Your salvation say continually,
The Lord be magnified!
Psalm 40:3, 16

Blessings to you all!


6 comments:

  1. Love the Psalm! I could have used it last night...got to telling too many stories and probably bored my dinner companions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, Oh--how I love your Santa collection. I have an angel collection and a few Santas. BUT-yours are fabulous. I love the old-fashioned Santa ones...

    Sounds like your students are doing well with their big projects. I know you will be glad though to have a Christmas break from work.

    Love that Psalm.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an appropriate Psalm for all times.

    Lots of fun Santas in your collection ... I have a collection of angels but haven't put them all out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect Santas too... and LOVE that book. Looking forward to hearing more about the projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Santas are just wonderful.
    I'm looking forward to posts on your class project - that is one of my very favorite books.
    Thank you for the verses. They speak to my heart.
    Have a restful, joy-filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a real "Mockingbird" fan. So much reality is in it and so much necessity for understanding what life's choices can do to/for us.

    I don't have Santas, but have 7 nativity sets, of one kind or another, from miniature to quite large, in the living room. Those and colorful lights is what makes me content.

    I hope when Christmas break hits that you have a chance to get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.