Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

who is that?

 he pointed to the boy with the donkey
who's that?
his daughters answered
dillon
his older son answered
dillon
dillon answered
dillon

he grinned
no
 it's not dillon


he pointed to the boy leaning against the wall
and the questioning began again
the same answers: dillon

now his grin was huge
no,
it's not dillon

it's me!
 dillon is the one in the photo above
with little sis addison
his daddy the blond-haired charmer
in the first two frames

two of my favorite photos
of a little boy who won my heart
before he was born

i learned to toughen up
against those huge, warm, brown eyes
that smiled mischievously
a twinkle reaching out to grab my heart

oh he grabbed my heart all right!
still has it

as do the munchkins who call him daddy
four of them
one looks like him
guess who?
well of course---dillon!

 the older two
peyton and colton together

the four grandchildren
are now
 11, 7, 5, and 3
and
my 'baby'
is 32
a husband, father, son, brother, businessman, friend, son-in-law
he wears all the 'hats' well
proud am I
of all of him
my darling blond imp
here he is with wife
he's not quite 30 in this picture
his equally wonderful sis and hubby
are to the left
and
i can't forget the youngest

aaron
now 20 months old
and
mama (daughter mine)
is carrying
his sis
abigail elizabeth
due in february

 they all own a piece of my heart

i keep the photos out
keepsakes
in beaten, worn frames
knocked down
by
cats and grandchildren
outdated photos
but
not to me

nothing grand
just bits of memories

smile starters
on even the gloomiest days



a non-rhyming poem and tribute to photos
and the wonderful folk in them

i'm still working on taking good photos of photos!

19 comments:

  1. beautiful memories
    leading to more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos of photos along with revealing stanzas, very cool way of sharing. Nice One Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a loving and sweet tribute to your family. And I love the name Abigail Elizabeth - congratulations! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This touches my grandmother heart. Somehow those grown-up children stay forever the same. And those little ones of theirs - more precious than words can say.
    You have a beautiful family Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetheart! It would be tough to be tough during those "disciplinary" times. Those eyes would get to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely family! It was neat to read . . . Yes, those eyes . . . they sure have a way of getting our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post, Beth, of your kids and grands.... My sons are 47, 40 and 39 now.... AND my 5 grands are 17, 16, 15, 14 and 13 now.....

    Enjoy your little grands... They do grow up so fast --just like our kids did.

    Thanks for the great pictures.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a sweet post and it is amazing how alike they look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos of photos! You've really captured memory and family ties here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that he saw himself in dillon... and i love your heart for your family, woven throughout this beautiful piece. is there anything better? thank you so much for linking, beth. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful...and I so agree that memories are most precious when kept out somewhere where they can be seen and enjoyed, knocked over and trampled!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear your heart in these words! Beautiful . . . and loved seeing your treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that first photo with the donkey... your kids are beautiful, and this was a lovely poem for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A portrait of your heart ... and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that i one of two flowers that i painted on a wooden stool, ten years ago.

    thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet tribute! And I like your fluid, poem-style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your imperfect prose makes perfect poetry...and perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked this one.. so much.. you write so well.
    thanks
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.