Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Two simple joyful acts and the End of the Week Psalm


 I think my expression says it well
"If this is where and how I can drink my coffee, then fine, I'll sit here
and drink and watch and find exceeding joy."
And I did!
I'm supervising my son's youngest(the redhead) with her cousin from Texas(the one pouring), who is the youngest grandchild--
until his sis arrives in February.
Both kids love bath time and I enjoy the time with them.
This was the night of our Thanksgiving dinner together.



It's been a hectic week.  Much has happened with "the bad boys."
One was removed from school this week and taken to the hospital
for treatment of mental problems.
He went ballistic on a sub
and had a mental and physical breakdown in the office.
He's a 'throw-away' in that noone from his family is either capable or wants
to take care of him.
He's in foster care right now
and it's not the best.

Three teachers have bonded with three of the other five (I'm one of them).
We are working with each boy and seeing some improvement and hope.
We need prayer for Loads of Patience.
That leaves two plus this one in the hospital.


I have a busy weekend ahead.
I have the entire house inside and out to decorate this weekend
 thankfully with husband's help
and 65 tests to grade (short response, not multiple choice)
plus other misc. worksheets and such to grade.


I'm only to Psalm 63 of my Psalm reading, because I'm not doing it every day.
But I'm not allowing myself a guilt trip, but rather a joy trip on the days I do make it
through another Psalm
on top of other devotions.

O  God, You are my God,
earnestly will I seek You;
my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You,
in a dry and weary land where no water is.
So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary to see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your loving-kindness is better than life,
my lips shall praise You.
So will I bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My whole being shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness;
and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
For You have been my help,
and in the shadow of Your wings will I rejoice.
My whole being follows hard after You and clings closely to You;
Your right hand upholds me.

Psalm 63: 1 -5, 7, 8

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!





I finally got to hold Aaron as I put on his pj's after his bath.
I put the picture here despite the red eye, because I still like it,
and it vividly shows one of the simple acts that I consider
 some of the best moments of my life.

The calender in the background is one his mama made for us grandparents
last year
It's all pictures of  his first year of life with all our birthdays and anniversarys noted.
It was one of my best gifts ever!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, Love seeing your pictures.... Aren't grandchildren just the BEST???? We can put up with so much in life ---as long as we can hug a grandchild... Right??????

    Well--a gal has to drink her coffee wherever she can!!!!! Good IDEA!!!! ha

    Hope you enjoy your weekend... Got snow up there????
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to meet you. Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. No worries, if I make a mess I'll make sure to clean up.

    Splashin'
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the "little" things often bring the most joy . . . a cup of coffee (even if it's enjoyed beside the tub) . . . hugging a child. And it seems that God is really helping you with the disruptive boys. So sad to hear about the breakdown of the student and even sadder that his family doesn't care. It must break God's heart, too!

    Hope you find some time to rest in spite of the mound of papers to grade. I'm sure sitting and grading for a long period does not help your fibro.

    The psalm reminds me of the song, "Your loving kindness is better than life . . . "

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is good to hear of the bonding with three of the boys.
    the photos warm my heart. thank you for sharing them.
    and i love the joy trip instead of guilt trip in reading the psalms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo of you and Aaron... love your pretty scarf, too!

    So sorry to hear of the boy "thrown away." As Glenda said, God's heart must break for him...

    Glad some progress is being made with the others... and hoping you got some rest this weekend, despite your mountains of work!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.