Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Monday, December 6, 2010

On my way home

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language."
Martin Buber

 On my home last week, this cow's eyes 'beckoned' me to stop the car.
I'm not sure what was being said, but I felt certain it was speaking to me. 

 " I hope to make people realize how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us,
 trusting as a child must that we will be kind and take care of their needs."
James Herriot

"Ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12:7-10)

6 comments:

  1. Good chuckly photo. Reminds me of the Far Side cartoons that have cows staring off at people and making their own comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cows are just so "cowish" aren't they?! That verse from Job comes to mind often as I watch the animals around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE James Herriot! And I've never read the first quote before, but it's perfect. My dog's eyes do speak a "great language" to me... especially when it happens to be her dinner time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've read ALL Herriot's books, we have the series DVD's... we're basically big fans around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soulful, those cow eyes! Cows are such lovely people...great cow parade on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  6. getting a chance to check in.

    i wonder what that cow is saying.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.