Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summertime

Part of summertime for us
is enjoying the fireworks at Seneca Lake.
We watch them from our pontoon boat.
The lake is full of boats and the lights are almost
as pretty as the fireworks.
Almost.
They are set off the Big Island.

Then we take the grandkids from my son's boat
and head back to our place at a year-round campground.

One grandchild will be sleep in this loft tonight.
She is 9 and has earned the right to be up there alone.



The two munchkins will sleep in Winnie the Pooh blow-up beds
on the floor in the living room.
If my son's stepson comes, he claims the couch.

This room will  be wall-to-wall kids tonight.
Wonderful! Truly!
Their mama wouldn't let us have them last year for this annual event
and it was hard on our hearts.
The fireworks just were not the same.

Mike and I will sleep in the only actual bedroom,
but after not having them last year,
I know I won't mind when at 6:30 tomorrow morn
 the Irish lass
stands at our door and calls out,
"Grandma, I'm hungry!"

Blessings to you this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Blessings to you too, Beth. Enjoy those little ones ... they grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect place to get away Beth. Have a wonderful, relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust you had a good weekend, Beth, especially after the upheaval of the recent storms. I'm sure it was good to have the break away. The sleeping arrangements look cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy for you and glad you had a lovely and blessed time... even IF they did wake up too early. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.