Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Community: Love is. . .

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have
a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself
on others
(does not insist on its
 own rights
or its own way),
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score
of the sins
of others,
Doesn't revel when
others grovel.
Love takes pleasure
in the flowering
of truth,
Puts up with anything
(endures everything
without weakening),
Trusts God always,
Always looks
 for
the best,
Never looks
back,
But keeps
going
to the end.
Love
never
dies.

. . . We have
three things
to do:
Trust steadily in God,
Hope unswervingly,
Love extravagantly.
And the best of the three is love.
I Corinthians 13: 4-8, 13
(The Message with help from The Every Day Life Bible)

My husband and I celebrated 14 happy years of marriage
July 18th
(and I love flowers).

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! The flowers are beautiful. I really like that version too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and hubby got married on my oldest son's birthday... How special is that... CONGRATS... Hope you two had a wonderful day....

    Beautiful post --and the flowers and the words are FABULOUS.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Beth. Both the verse and the flowers. Blessings for many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary. And, of course, the flowers are heart-touching. Nice mix and match with the photos and the Word.

    Blessings, Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary, Beth. Blessings for many more.
    I'm just catching up with my blog visits after being away for a few days so sorry this is late, but nevertheless heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.