Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Monday, August 19, 2013

Packing and Monday's Prayer

Our official move date
is this coming Saturday.
However, Mike and some buddies 
have started taking stuff over,
so we will have a good bit moved before 'the day'.

One of Mike's sisters came over yesterday to help me pack boxes.
She helped immensely!
She moves faster than I do!

Several friends had offered to help me pack,
but I didn't take them up on it.
Robyn just showed up, so I put her to work;
her husband Allen was helping Mike move big stuff.
(Mike spent a lot of days working on the building 
Allen bought for his auto body shop, especially
climbing up and down scaffolding while putting in
a new ceiling--
we're talking high ceilings.  So Allen is now helping Mike;
My husband is a firm believer in the barter system.)

This is one side of the living room/dining room built-ins.
The one to the left of the entrance to dining room is empty too.
This is a view into the dining room from the living room.

One of the built-ins in the dining room.
I will really miss them.
All the plans I had chosen for building a house
were Craftsman style---it is my absolute favorite style.
I will miss all the Craftsman touches in this tiny bungalow.
There is nothing similar in the farm house.

My son brought our dining room table to us yesterday.
It was in storage after Mike moved up here from Cincinnati, 
so we lent it to Doug when he was setting up his 'single Dad home'.
But he inherited his paternal grandparents' dining room set,
so we get ours back.
It will stay here in the bungalow for renters.
The antique table that came with the house
is making the move to the farm house.
It needs spruced up a bit,
but we really like it.

Doug also brought one of our sets of washer and dryer
that he was also no longer using.
We will switch out the dryer here 
and  either sell or store the washer.
T here is a very nice set in the farm house.

The grandkids accompanied him,
but I forgot to take pictures.
Peyton, bless her heart,
made a point of looking over the farm house
and making nice comments.
The two younger ones became bored
when they realized:
1. no food
2. no toys
3. no TV.

That's it for now.
I will be working on getting the farm house kitchen organized.
Mike brought over all the boxes
 from the Cincinnati's house kitchen
and put them in the farm house kitchen.
I am struggling with concentration
because everywhere I look there is a pile to go through.
This is one aspect of the fibromyalgia
that family members have a very difficult time comprehending---
we are easily overwhelmed
when our surroundings become crowded and chaotic.

But it has to be done.

Monday's Prayer
Lord,
in my thoughts and my words,
I want to always confess
that You are my sufficiency.
Help me to be ready for anything
because You empower me.
Amen.

I have learned in any and all circumstances
the secret of facing every situation . . .
I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me
(I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him
Who infuses inner strength in to me:
I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency).
Philippians 4: 12-13

Blessings to you!












7 comments:

  1. wish i was there to help...get in your way...and see your new place. have a good move. letter coming to the address that i have right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much work! I'll be happy to hear you are all settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart... So much work---and yet, when it's all finished, you will love love love it...

    I wondered what you were going to do with the small house and you answered my question... You will rent it. Right? Are you leaving it furnished or just partially furnished? Those built-in cabinets are gorgeous!

    Take it easy--if that is possible. And GOOD LUCK.

    Prayers and HUGS,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be renting it fully furnished---that's the way they have to be for the gas/oil/fracking workers. They don't want to have to mess with anything and they rent by the bedroom, although we might get a guy and his wife with this house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whew! a lot of work, but glad you have help to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best for tomorrow and hope you soon settle in. x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.