Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Psalm to end the week and Monday's Prayer

Sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth!

Sing to the Lord, bless His name;
show forth His salvation from day to day.

Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous works among all the peoples.






Give to the Lord the glory due His name;
bring an offering and come into His courts.




Let the heavens be glad,
and let the earth rejoice;


Let the sea roar, and all the things which fill it;




Let the field be exultant,
and all that is in it!
Then shall all the trees of the wood sing for joy.


The Lord reigns,
let the earth rejoice;
let the multitude of isles and coastlands be glad!


Psalm 96:1-3, 8. 11-12
Psalm 97:1

That was the Psalm for this past week.
It was a busy one
with an even busier weekend.

It's 10:30 P.M. Sunday night in southeastern Ohio,
so I will post Monday's prayer.


Dear Lord,
I praise You and worship You above all else.
Thank You for inhabiting my praise,
for it is only in Your presence
that I can experience the fullest measure
of joy to be found on this earth.
I invite Your presence into my life in a greater way
than ever before.
I ask You to walk with me and lead me in the way
You want me to go.
Help me to stay close to You,
so that I don't ever stray from the plans
You have for me.
Being with You brings hope and joy
to my heart.
Being in the presence of Your holiness
brings wholeness to my life.

You are holy, enthroned in the praises of Israel.
Psalm 22:3

From a Stormy Omartian book of prayer.

Please keep the students and staff of our school
in your prayers.
This week we are doing the first year of
end of the year course exams
set along ACT guidelines.

This is for a base line.
Supposedly Ohio is heading this direction
to use instead of the OGT.
Our principal volunteered us.

The days have been reduced to six periods
vs. eight to accommodate the tests.

However,
the superintendent added a half hour onto eleven days
to make up ONE extra calamity day
rather than add one day to the end of the year.
That means those six classes will be seventy minutes long.
(The addition time was applied after the testing schedule had been set up.
Oue principal has had to make a new schedule three times now.)

We teachers may be needing Xanax by mid-afternoon,
especially since only certain subjects and classes are testing.

The seniors are not being tested.
Can you imagine seventy minute classes with seniors
in May?!
Praise God I don't teach them!

And folks wonder why Ohio teachers have a problem
with the recently passed bill
which takes away much of our bargaining power
and gives MUCH greater power to the administration and board members.

Blessings to you all as you end one week and begin another.

5 comments:

  1. i will pray.
    love, n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful Psalm. Praying for your school this week - sounds like a hard one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos to illustrate your verses... praying for you as you begin your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings on your week and for the students ...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.