Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Thursday, June 19, 2014

unique roof and rooflines



Barnesville is on the historic register 
as a Victorian Village.
It is known for its beautiful old homes
and churches.

I thought I would spotlight
the Presbyterian church
today.
  As you can see, it is fairly unique.
Those are red tiles on the roof and stone in the chimney.


Here is a  photo of the parsonage next to it.
This is the home provided for the 'parson' or preacher.
Note the tower.



This is taken from a good distance away 
You can see the Presbyterian church on the right.
The First United Methodist Church can be partially seen on the left.
I don't have a good photo of its roof.
It is bigger than its neighbor
and it's difficult to get a good roof shot
that shows all or almost all of the roof line.

Hope you're having a good week!
I                                      


2 comments:

  1. It looks like a charming place! Love that roof and turret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roof line is very distinctive and the shape and tiling of the turrets very intricate. The architecture reminds me of some old houses in our neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.