Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Friday, January 9, 2015

Five-Minute Friday: Welcome

I don't remember my mother ever feeding the birds though  all the parsonages had good-size yards.  She wasn't much for outdoor life but her  smile welcomed anybody and everyone to her home.
I'm not as welcoming to people, but then I'm not the preacher's wife, but the preacher's kid who grew up in a fish bowl yearning for privacy.
So I feed the birds instead.  They don't ask any questions or make any judgments; as long as there is food during the cold weather, they are happy.  So I welcome them to my front yard.  However, I can be gracious to humans and at those times, my mother's upbringing kicks in and I am the welcoming lady of the house.




For more Five-Minute Fridays, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.