Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Compassion




"Because of the LORD'S great love

we are not consumed,

for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning. . ."

Lamentations 3:22,23


Compassion--God's compassion for us, our compassion for others, theirs for us, and round the circle goes.

Today I needed a large dose of God's compassion as I struggled with issues with school.

I cried on the way to school today---really did not want to go---but I had to.

One of Joyce Meyer's favorite sayings is "You may not be where you need to be, but thank

God you're not where you used to be!"

A year ago, I would have called in sick. Today I didn't. I listened to a combination of music and scripture devotion Cd by a singer who I traced after loving a Praise Cd taped live at a Joyce Meyer Conference. That Cd was Free To Worship Live with Jacque DeShetler. She has a web site: http://www.deshetler.com/. After locating the site, I ordered several of her Cd's and they so touch me! I don't know whether she's made it to mainstream Christian music. It wasn't that long ago that I was listening to the Rolling Stones as inspirational pep me up & get me ready to face the "darlings" music, so I'm not familiar with who's who in Christian music!

The Cd I listened to this morning was my father's love, devotions for personal worship. The four songs are: "love unshakable"(a favorite of mine), "love again," take all of me"(new to me, but it turns me inside out in a good way) and "amazing grace." In-between she does awesome scripture narration.

I felt God's compassion and His love envelop me. The day turned out to be a good one. I've been praising Him a bunch today.

(Just a note: the boy I wrote about in the previous blog was not the problem. I ended up having to call his mom and she was quite supportive. Oh, she was not happy with the fact that he had told me that she and his dad went on long business trips; I couldn't get hold of them, and well just generally gave me the impression they didn't care. If she hadn't grounded him for the book report, I probably would not have called her. We were both grateful that I did.)

Hope you all had a good day!


5 comments:

  1. a very hope filled message.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much strength in scripture and praise ... so thankful you met your day with this in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Jacque is not mainstream. I think she only does Joyce's stuff. She has four kids, I think and she travels with Joyce. Joyce told her story once. I think she is completely devoted to Joyce's ministry. I listen to mainstream Christian and I really like it, but I am not sure you would. There is very little reverent music on the Christian radio stations - at least here. I really, really like Chris Tomlin, though, and I think you would enjoy him. He has some amazing stuff. I WILL RISE is one I think you should look up and listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's been keeping me going for so long is the praise lyrics that float through my head, morning and night, and sometimes, in the middle of the night. It's a combination of me praising my Lord and Him praising me for praising Him by letting me sing songs that just make me fly!! I'm so glad your day came out better than you had anticipated. Bless your dear head...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, the latest one that goes constantly is "Only a God Like You." Decided to send you the lyrics. Sorry if this is so long, but it's a treat!

    For the praises of man
    I will never ever stand
    For the kingdoms of this world
    I'll never give my heart away
    Oh shout my praise
    My allegiance and devotion
    My heart's desire and all emotion
    Go to serve the Man
    Who died upon that tree

    [Chorus:]
    Only a God like You
    Could be worthy of my praise
    And all my hope and faith
    To only a King of all kings
    Do I bow my knee and sing
    Give my everything (x2)
    To only my Maker my Father my Savior
    Redeemer Restorer Rebuilder Rewarder
    To only a God like You
    Do I give my praise

    [Tag:]
    Only the God Who left His throne above
    He came to live with us
    Come to be one of us
    To only the one
    Who stopped to heal that blind man
    Took the time to save that one lost lamb
    To only the King Who wore that crown of thorns
    So I could wear the crown of life
    And to only the One Who conquered sin and death
    So we could be set free
    So we could stand here and sing

    [Bridge:]
    Only a God like You
    Only a God like You
    Only a God like you (x4)

    [Coda:]
    To only my Maker my Father my Savior
    Redeemer Restorer Rebuilder Rewarder
    To only a God like You
    I give my praise

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.