Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Dillon, Grandpa Mike, and Tractors

We had Dillon for the day this past Saturday.
I picked him up.
We had lunch at the local DQ,
stopped by the house to pick up Ginger,
and then went to 'The Barn.'

Grandpa showed him around
and eventually they came to the two antique tractors.
Both were his father's.
The first one still runs.

{A little story on it: 
This 1954 tractor was
a favorite of Bud's (Mike's dad).
When Bud died, Mike  pulled his coffin on a trailer
from the funeral  home to the Catholic Church
where the service was held.
All the folks, who really knew Bud,
thought it was the coolest tribute.}

Dillon is pumping the pedals

and working the gears.




This tractor is from the 1930s
and does not presently have an engine.

I love this picture of Dillon---
just hanging out with Grandpa.

The barn.
It is up the road from our home
and on an acre of land that we own.
The land is next to his sister's house,
which was originally built for their parents
when Mike was 13.

I have been out of touch for a month.
It doesn't seem that long!
A combination of reasons
with the prevalent one being pain.
The fibromyalgia detests extremely cold temperatures.
It also does not do well with constantly changing weather and temps,
and that is what we are still having.
It was in the 50s yesterday
and is in the 20s tonight.
Snow is expected, but with zero accumulation.

I also need to check out my hands 
with my rheumatologist---
they are not bending well, especially the knuckles
and they ache most of the time.
This is new.

I thoroughly enjoyed time with 9-year-old Dillon,
but am moving slowly today.
It was absolutely worth it.



2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart, Beth... I'm so sorry that you are dealing with so much pain... God Bless.

    Bet you did enjoy Dillon's visit--and I'm sure he loved that old tractor... Great photos.

    Don't miss my blog posts (last Friday and tomorrow). We just got home from one of your favorite places, Hocking Hills. This time though, it looked VERY different.... ICE everywhere.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of the trouble with your hands. Arthritis in an area that you use constantly has to be a burden.
    I love the tractor pictures. My Dad had a Farmall tractor when I was growing up - good memories!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.