This is Aaron, my 16-month-old grandson. He's standing on the back porch of his home in Texas.
I am now in my daughter's and son-in-law's bedroom on their computer.
I am visiting them and the little man for 6 days.
I flew in yesterday and fly back to Ohio on Tuesday.
I didn't think he was going to be at the airport to greet me, because it was past his bedtime, but they surprised me.
I'm loving every second here!
Even the 106 temperature can't dampen my spirits!
Here is my "Got through the week and am heading into the weekend" Psalm.
1. Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
2. Praise the LORD with the harp;
make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
3. Sing to Him a new song;
play skillfully, and shout for joy.
4. For the work of the LORD is right and true;
He is faithful in all He does.
5. The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of His unfailing love.
6. By the word of the LORD were the heavens made,
their starry host by the breath of His mouth.
7. He gathers the waters of the sea into jars;
He puts the deep into storehouses.
8. Let all the earth fear the Lord;
let all the people of the world revere him.
9. For He spoke, and it came to be;
He commanded, and it stood firm.
10. The LORD foils the plans of the nations;
He thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
11. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,
the purposes of His heart through all generations.
12. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
the people he chose for His inheritance.
13. From heaven the LORD looks down
and sees all mankind.
14. From his dwelling place He watches
all who live on earth--
15. He who forms the hearts of all,
who considers everything they do.
16. No king is saved by the size of his army;
no warrior escapes by his great strength.
17. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
despite all its great strength it cannot save.
18. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear Him,
on those whose hope is in HIS unfailing love,
19. to deliver them from death
and keep them alive in famine.
20. We wait in hope for the LORD;
He is our help and our shield.
21 In Him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in His holy name.
22. May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.
King James Version
Blessings to you all as you enjoy the weekend.
I plan to enjoy mine!
he's a very handsome little squirt.ReplyDelete
I think so! I have a long 'broom' skirt on and we just finished dancing with me swirling it around him. Then he took hold of it and started running with me attached! We did that for awhile, both of us laughing. Once he let go accidentally and fell and he giggled big time--thought it was hilarious. I'm a bit dizzy, but happy!ReplyDelete
So fun you're there for a visit!! Have a wonderful time with your special family!ReplyDelete
What a cute little boy!! I know you're having such fun with him - and his parents! There's nothing quite like the laughter of a happy little child!ReplyDelete
Beautiful psalm - so full of good things!!
hope you have a great time with that handsome little boy...and nice psalms....ReplyDelete
So glad the heat is not dampening your health or your spirits! He is a lovely boy. And verses 17-22 of that psalm are some of my favorites.ReplyDelete
Glad you could make it through that hot/humid stretch. I just suffer when it gets too much that direction -- and I don't have FM, just a limited weather-based personality; being raised in the NW is most likely the reason, even though I think my body should have adjusted by now. OH, WELL....ReplyDelete