Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday's Psalm and my husband's retirement







The neighbors had a retirement and going away party for my husband last Saturday night.  He's lived in this house in this neighborhood for 21 years---most of those at the party have been here almost as long or longer.  I have been a blip on the neighborhood screen---they welcomed me, accepted me, and have been good friends to me.
But Mike is different.  He's the guy all the others go to when they have a problem with the lawn mower, the air conditioner, the car, or in the case of our neighbor boy's accident---the press.  The saying goes, "If Mikie can't fix it, it can't be fixed."  That goes for the emotions too---he's a loving friend who's there no matter what --even if it's 3 am ---he was there with R & D downtown Cinci at the hospital when Ch. had his accident that killed his girlfriend and another friend.  He's a brother to these guys and they to him.  They all paid him a wonderful tribute and we pulled off a complete surprise.

This is his last day and tomorrow he and I head off on a mini vacation in the hills of southeastern Ohio.
I may not be blogging for a few days. But before I go, I had to post the Friday Psalm.

Psalm 34

1. I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

2. My life makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad.

3. O magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt His name together.

4. I sought the Lord and required Him,
and He heard me,
and delivered me from all my fears.

5. They looked to Him and were radiant;
their faces shall never blush for shame or be confused.

6. This poor man cried,
and the Lord heard him,
and saved him out of all his troubles.

7. The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him
and each of them He delivers.

8. O taste and see that the Lord is good!
Blessed is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.
. . .
There are 14 more verses, but I'm stopping here.

Blessings to you all as you 'enter' your weekend!



My husband was head of IT (computer stuff) for John Morrell, a pork products company.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! Have a fun trip!

    Morrell bacon is our favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for retirement! (But maybe it's bittersweet for him. Sounds like he has a lot of roots in that place.)

    Yay for mini vacations! (Maybe you can rest, read, and relax a bit.)

    Yay for helpful husbands who share the same city as their wives!

    And finally, yay for tasting and seeing that the Lord is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the friday psalm...
    have a nice trip!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Mike -- what a big milesone. Now you will have more freedom to roam. Have a wonderful, safe trip...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see such a blessing aimed at a guy who blesses.

    What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. belated congratulations,
    enjoy the trip and the new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the Hubs! I hope you two have a great mini-vacay!
    That cake looks so good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! And, I agree. I'm a bacon addict -- and haven't had any for over a month, and probably won't for another few weeks, as my Daniel fast is continuing and that would be one of the least allowed eating options.

    So sweet that the neighbors stepped out to bless him.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.