Bmeandering

Bmeandering

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Barn Charm #35

I have been passing this barn on Rt. 149 for close to  forty years.
There is a huge stately brick house across from it
that belonged to State Representative Wayne Hayes
back when I was in high school.
The barn belonged to him also.

He is infamous for a scandal involving a former Playboy model.
(She was hired to be his secretary, but she could not type.)
He survived the scandal and was reelected.
(I thought  I'd share a bit of local history trivia).

He has been long gone and the farm has changed hands once or twice.
It has always been maintained as the beauty it is.

It is in an extremely busy section of Rt. 149
and there is very little space in which to pull over.
I would not do it by myself.

 A few weeks ago,
 hubby and I headed that way for a barn drive.
I still could only snap two shots,
but I was glad to get those!

For more barn photos, click below:

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful place . . . beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful barn and I enjoyed the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous barn for Barn Charm, Beth... Interesting 'story' behind the barn and house!!!!!! ha

    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an especially stately barn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see a barn so well maintained and fun to hear a little of its history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blinding white, isn't it?! Very beautiful & love the black fence! What a farm

    Thanks for joining =)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Please let me know you stopped by.